The transition of the country to a richer, progressive & inclusive society as well as a world leader rests on the imparting of quality education to generations of Indians. It is the building block for achieving our national objectives and breaking the poverty cycle which denies millions a better life. It is a unique investment into the country’s bright future the returns for which are manifold. To this end, NTPC earmarks 15%-20% of its CSR-CD budget for education.
Key Initiatives in education:
- Running 48 schools at stations out of which more than 20 schools are predominantly catering to nearby community benefiting about 20,000 such students.
- Infrastructural support to schools for underprivileged children at Govt. Schools.
- Supporting to set-up technical polytechnic at Kaladungi, Uttaranchal
- Special initiative of construction of girl toilets at primary & middle schools so as to support education of girl child and reduce dropouts of girls from schools.
- On regular basis, stations also take up activities related to development of school infrastructure, Adult Education, Coaching and personality development programs, providing Scholarships, Solar Lanterns, Study material & uniforms etc to deserving students.