Chapter - VIII
A STATEMENT ON THE BOARDS, COUNCILS, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES CONSISTING OF TWO OR MORE PERSONS CONSTITUTED AS ITS PART OR FOR THE PURPOSE OF ITS ADVICE, AND AS TO WHETHER MEETINGS OF THOSE BOARDS, COUNCILS, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES ARE OPEN TO THE
Meetings of the Boards, Committees and other bodies are not open to the Public or the minutes of such meetings are not made accessible for public as the nature of business of NTPC is that of a strategic establishment.
Board of Directors:
The Management of the Company is vested with the Board of Directors. In terms of the Articles of Association of the Company the Board of Directors can have minimum four Directors and maximum twenty Directors.
The Composition of the Board of Directors as on 02st March, 2015 is given below
|S.No.||Name||Designation||Date of Appointment|
|1||Shri AK Jha||Director (technical) and additional charge of CMD||01.07.2012 & 01.09.2015|
|2||Shri UP Pany||Director (Human Resources) and additional charge of Director (Commercial)||01.03.2013 & 02.09.2015|
|3||Shri SC Pandey||Director (Project)||01.10.2013|
|4||Shri Kulamni Biswal||Director (Finance)||09.12.2013|
|5||Shri KK Sharma||Director (Operations)||01.11.2014|
|1||Dr. Pradeep Kumar||Joint Secretary & Financial Adviser, Ministry of Power, Government of India||10.09.2013|
|2||Shri Anil Kumar Singh||Joint Secretary (Thermal), Ministry of Power, Government of India||31.10.2014|
|Part-Time Non-Official Directors|
|1||Dr. A. Didar Singh||Ex-Secretary to Govt. Of India||23.08.2012|
|2||Shri Prashant Mehta||Ex- Director General, Academy of Administration, Bhopal||30.07.2013|
Sub-Committees of the Board:
Board of Directors has the following sub-committees:
- Audit Committee.
- Stakeholders' Relationship Committee.
- Remuneration Committee.
- Committee on Management Controls.
- Contracts Sub- Committee.
- Project Sub Committee.
- Investment/Contribution Sub-Committee.
- Committee of the Board for allotment and post-allotment activities of NTPC’s Securities.
- Committee of Functional Directors for Contracts.
- Committee for Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Committee for Vigilance Matters.
- Committee for Mine Development.
- Committee for Review of Coal Import Policy.
- Exchange Risk Management Committee.
- Committee for Review of Coal Mining Activities.
- Committee of Directors for Inorganic Growth.
- Risk Management Committee
THE MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SUB-COMMITTEES OF THE BOARD ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE FOR PUBLIC. SIMILARLY, THE AGENDA PAPERS AND MINUTES BOOKS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SUB-COMMITTEES OF THE BOARD ARE NOT OPEN FOR INSPECTION OF PUBLIC.